I need a system


I seriously am drowning in files. Some are paper - lots are paper - but even more are electronic. I thought I'd organize things by class so I have chemistry, AP chemistry, AP biology, etc. folders in Google Drive, my portable drive, Google drive at work, on each of my computers, and god knows where else. So when I'm looking for something, I know exactly where to look. All 6 places. This has got to change. I tried to keep things on my portable drive, but then I stopped bringing it to school. Perfect. So I store things in a couple of places and then forget where it is or what it's called. Ugh!!! I'm tired of this. Really, incredibly, truly tired. It is time to come up with a plan and freaking stick to it.

I think my best bet is Chalk.com. That is the lesson planner I use and it seems to make the most sense to store the things I use or will use there. But the problem arises when I come across something that I might want to use in the future. Where do I put that? The most logical solution is to use Google drive because I can access it from anywhere. But that means having to stick with my work account since my personal account is full. I don't want everything in my work account. In case I leave I want the things to go with me.

So where does that leave me? What do I do? I could use Dropbox. Lots of people do and they seem to like it. I could create a wiki on Wikispaces to store things. I could just decide what I'm going to use and stick with it if I come across something new I can replace something old.  I don't know. I need to work this out though and I need to do it tonight.  I also have Evernote but that just never really worked for me. Then there is always One Note and One Drive, hmmm.....I wonder if those would work??  I'm not sure why I'm so dead set against Dropbox. Maybe it's time to revisit these things. I'm going to each of these tonight and figure out if they will work for me. Okay, I will get this settled tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....