The year is moving


It is scary how quickly time passes. We are just a couple of weeks out from fall break. Yikes!!!  How did that happen? But things have been going well, not perfect, but well. I have given up on Tuesdays and Thursdays and that has helped my stress levels a whole lot. Mondays and Wednesdays haven't been as productive as I'd hoped, but they are getting there. This past week I've been sick with a slight head cold, it's been just enough to mess with me and that is super annoying. But things are improving and falling into a flow. I like that.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to avoid certain people at work. I happen to like my job. I like the school I'm at. I like the kids, and for the most part, I like my coworkers. But there are a couple that I have to avoid for my own sanity. They do nothing but complain. About everything. The school, the admin, the kids, the parents, the hours, everything. They complain about sports even though they are not involved in them. They complain about the field, even though they never use it. Anything they can find to complain about they do. And that gets old fast. So this year I've been distancing myself from them and I have been so much happier. I'm still polite to them, but I will not stand and talk with them for any length of time. I always claim I have something to do. Luckily, I usually do have something to do :)  But I am finding this is making a huge difference in my own work experience. I am on top of things, mostly, I don't mind being there. I'm getting more involved in the culture of the school and I'm really like my work environment. On Tuesday I met with the principal for my yearly goal setting, and I had a long conversation with her about this kind of stuff. She is completely aware of it and has tried to speak to them, but it has not helped. But she is aware and really appreciates that I'm aware too and trying hard to avoid it. Having worked in a toxic school environment, I know what a bad school is like. This is not it. I'm making more money then I made in the lab. I work 4 days a week with kids. I work a lot more than 4 days a week, but the rest is without kids. I like what I do and I want to do it well. I don't need people complaining about every little thing they refuse to change. So one teacher tells me every time I see him how his house is paid off, that he gets disability from the military for 2 or 3 different things. That he has retirement and really doesn't need to work. Since he is one of the major complainers, I can only wonder why he stays. Does he enjoy complaining so much he stays just to do that? I don't know, but I'm over it. 

Bottom line is that my attitude has much improved and my views towards school and work, in general, has much improved. I'm much happier. I take pride in my work. And I truly enjoy what I do. It took a while to get here and it took a while to get this mindset, but I'm really happy with the way things are now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....