Adventures in Modeling, Part II

I have 3 chemistry classes and they are currently off from each other. I will need to bring them into alignment quickly as I am taking a couple of days off week after next. I'm not sure exactly how to do that with the modeling curriculum expect maybe allow the class that's ahead to do the worksheet in class and give it as homework to the other two. Not sure, have to work on that. 

So something I've discovered this week, my story is not cohesive yet. I'm not sure of the progression, even though I've been through it, so I can't make the story connect yet. It seems very choppy and disjointed. I'm hoping that will change over time and I'll get better and smoother at it. 

Another thing I've learned is that I need a script. The curriculum comes with printed out instructions and advice for the teacher, but I found it's too much to stop and read a paragraph in the middle of class. I sat yesterday during my prep and wrote out the important things for each section and what I needed to emphasis in my notebook. This was much smoother. I was able to move easily from one activity to another and there was not a lot of downtime as I was reading the notes. So I'm going to bring my notebook home and try to get things written out so I can just keep moving. 

After 10 years, I have to admit that I have not found a lesson plan that works for me. I have tried and tried, but I can't find one that I can follow and that just works for me. I need to know what the next thing is all the time. I need to see where things are going and what is coming. This helps me make connections between the various topics in chemistry. I have always thought that I need a little bit of detail in my plans. I'm beginning to think that I really just need a list and then a script. So I'm thinking of buying a notebook, creating like a table of contents at the front with the list of activities for each unit and then having a script for each activity. Oh Em Gee. I literally felt the light bulb go on in my brain. Why don't I do this with my Happy Planner? That will allow me to move things around and change things and make notes. Holy crap I think I'm on to something. That will allow me to make notes on things and rewrite an entire page if necessary without having to get a new notebook. I'm stoked about this and going to set it up today. 

Another thing I've become quite enamored of lately is bitmojis: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....