And so it begins


 

Yesterday and today were the first day of my classes. I rewrote my syllabus and we covered it in great detail in class. I warned them it was going to boring as all get-out and it was. But after that, we played a rousing game of  Would You Rather?  and it worked out great. I heard from students that I haven't heard from all last semester. It really was a good way to get them moving and talking. I liked it. 

By the end of day Tuesday the inside of my right cheek was raw. The flipper I have is rubbing against my cheek and since I teach 7:30 - 3:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, it was painful by the end of the day. I did get to the dentist to have it adjusted, but really won't know if it's okay until next Tuesday. Have to let the raw parts heal over the weekend. Oh, the joys of teaching. 

Wednesday and Thursday were a bit boring as they were primarily lecture and demos. But sometimes that's what you have to do to get information out there. 

School really is a giant clusterf*ck right now. We have an online program that students are using if they choose to remain at home. That way us teachers aren't doing double duty teaching online and in person. In theory it sounds great. But what a mess. Students are moving to online after agreeing to come in person. Students who take things like dual enrollment or AP are supposed to come in person but they aren't. It is a giant mess. We have a 4 day week and my rosters have changed 3 times. Ugh!!!! 

Also the number of cases are rising rapidly. Arizona has the highest number of cases in the world and that is reflected in our school numbers. Every other school all around is virtual. The superintendent is recommending that schools be virtual. And we are in person, WTF????? Don't get me wrong, I prefer to be in person, but the danger level is pretty high right now. Luckily, starting Monday teachers can get the vaccine. I'm making an appointment right away for me and Hubby since he works at the school too. I also feel a little protected since I have had covid already. I'm sure I have some immunity, though not much. 

Okay, that's enough. This post took a week to write. More later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....