2 weeks into summer

 So first, I can't believe that 2 weeks has already passed. WTF????? I started seriously working on next year yesterday and I think I'm just in my own way. I want to use a new curriculum, but I have the choice of 2 and I don't know which to use. Both are storyline driven, which is good. The first unit for one is about global warming, always a good topic, and the other one is about alien life, one of my favorite topics. I can't decide what to use and I want to have the curriculum basically laid out for when I return to school. I hate when I get this paralyzing feeling over planning. It's ridiculous. I know how to do this, I've been doing it for 13 years. But still I tend to panic just a little. I once again wonder if I'm trying to do too much. I want to do the notebooks that I attempted last year and a new curriculum. Too much? I don't think so. I worked on the notebooks all year and have a pretty good idea of how to get them going. Also, starting right at the beginning of the year will definitely help with that. As for the new curriculum, I'm starting to rethink that. Should I just stick with the modeling that I know? I will still need to do work because that curriculum feels very sparse, like things are missing. So no, I want to try something else. I think I'll keep working on it this week and see how it goes. Yesterday I worked on the Patterns curriculum, maybe I'll take a deeper look into the iHub chemistry. That is mainly focused on being online, but I can alter is some. Okay, that's the plan.

I had also thought of going to standard based grading. I think that may be taking on a little more than I can handle. But I am going to work on that. Maybe do that for next year. 

Okay, I have a doctor's appointment and I still need to shower. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....