Memory problems

I'm having planning issues and much of them are of my own making. Let me explain. I feel like I haven't been able to get ahead this year. Since the year started, I feel like I'm constantly playing catch up. I find myself working every prep to prepare for the rest of the day's classes. I hate that. Towards the end of last year, I developed a system where I would go in on the weekends and copy/prep everything for the coming week. I haven't been able to get that going this year and we are almost at fall break. Then, and this really pissed me off, last weekend I sat and planned this whole week out. I had lessons for every class, every day along with handouts and power points. Then, yesterday, I spent my entire prep preparing for Concep. Science only to find I had a plan in my book that I had forgotten about. UGH!!!!! I know it's because I haven't been able to get ahead all quarter. Last week, when I would have worked on Friday to get ready, we had a meeting in Mesa and so didn't get a chance to do it then. So this has to change and it has to change today. I'm going to school after the dog park and I'm not leaving until all my grading is caught up and I have planned for the next 2 weeks. I am going to get everything organized and I'm going to get ahead of this nonsense. I've been planning on weekends, on my preps, at night. Bullshit. It's time to get a handle on this stuff. We are 2 weeks from fall break and I'm still living like this? No!!! This ends today. Okay, I'll update later with how things went at school. Later that day: So I went to school and graded for 5 hours. That's a lot, I know, but I was behind and I needed to do it. There is a lot more I wanted to do, but it was time to leave. All my grading is caught up so now all I need to do is organize and plan. The planning I'm going to work on tonight, the organization I'm going to work on tomorrow. I need to figure out the organization before I go completely crazy. I feel like I'm right on the verge of finding the perfect solution. I hope that is true. Oh well, we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....