I have a plan


After careful consideration of my life right now, I finally have a plan to deal with the stress of the added responsibilities I have taken on. Here are the realizations I've come to:

  1. Tuesdays and Thursdays are completely shot because we have conditioning until 4pm and in a couple of weeks we will be having games. So I need to just get used to the fact that Tuesdays and Thursdays are done until the end of October. 
  2. Monday and Wednesdays I am back here by 3:15pm and so could work some until 4ish. I should not do anything that takes a lot of mind work or thought because I am usually pretty tired by then, but I could do some mindless work and there is always mindless work. 
  3. Fridays are an absolute must in order to keep my head above water. I will have volleyball practice until 11 but I need to put some time in the classroom in the afternoons. No. Way. Around. It. 
  4. I have got to spend some time getting my files, both electronic and paper, in order. I just have to because I spend far, far too much time looking for things. 
Now that I have come to accept the above, I need to deal with these things. On Fridays, I will grade and plan for the next week. If I get everything organized, I can have my TA copy them during 2nd period on Monday, but that requires that I actually plan on Friday. I will also spend 30ish minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays clearing up the file cabinet and my electronic files. This really should not take long and if I spend 30 minutes, twice a week on it I should have it done in no time. While I am doing this, I must come up with a system that works for me. I think I need to lay out my weeks day by day while planning, then I can file things that I use the same way. So Unit 1, day 1 I did X,Y, and Z. Then create a file for Unit 1 and put those things in there. I don't like that though. I need to work on this, clearly. Maybe as I'm going through things I will come up with an idea for organizing my stuff. I love keeping it electronically, but I also need a hard copy to make copies of, etc. Unless I do keep everything on my website and then just use that every year. Hmmmm.....maybe, maybe....... Okay, I really have to get to work now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....