Not starting out great


I have been completely stressed out as the new school year starts and I don't like it at all. I have fallen back into old patterns of not planning in advance and having to figure out what to do every morning. I spent much of the summer planning things and yet I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. On top of that, I volunteered to coach volleyball and that is taking up a whole lot of time that I didn't really count on. Plus, I am not using my weekends to my best advantage.  I spent 2 days this past weekend trying to figure out how to set up my planner. What??? Not a productive use of time. So as a result, I'm stressed out a bit. I have a to-do list a mile long and nothing is getting done on it. Of course, sitting during my prep writing this is probably not the most productive thing I could do, but I need to get it out. On top of everything, I still haven't figured out how to effectively organize my electronic stuff. This is really driving me crazy. I still spend hours looking for things that I know I have. I have to search multiple places and it takes a ton of time and it's driving me crazy.

For the organization, I set up Dropbox with all my subjects and then the units within each topic. I'm going to set up folders for each day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc) and put everything for that day in that folder. Then I will label all the lessons with the day of that unit. I think if I can match day in Dropbox and day in the lesson plan I could keep things organized. We'll see if that works.

As for the other stress, I need to start working on things and stop getting distracted by things like folders in Dropbox. Ugh!!! So tired of being stressed and so tired of fighting the same battle over and over again. Think it is time to just make a list and start working it off one item by one item. Here goes nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....