I'm getting there....

Organized that is. I have found that my binder system works really well I just need to find a place to keep them so they are readily available while I'm teaching. Although, I shouldn't need them while I'm teaching. I should have everything copied and organized and in its proper place before class starts.  So that's something to think about. But things are going well overall and I'm a whole lot less stressed out than I was a couple of weeks ago. Also, volleyball ended and that helped decrease the stress levels immensely.

I'm still struggling with digital organization though. I have a number of places to store; 2 google drives, Dropbox, Evernote, OneNote, etc. They all have their pluses and minuses but no one really meets my needs. So let's look at them.

Google drive is probably the easiest, but I have one for school and one for personal. Also, the school doesn't allow us to install the Google drive on our computers so every time I want to access it, I have to open a new window and go there. Very, very annoying. Also, I can't save to my school Google drive at home. I have to save it, then upload it to the school drive. Annoying to say the least. On my computers, I have my personal Google drive and my Dropbox in my file explorer. This way I can save directly to something without having to save it, upload it, blah, blah, blah. So I need a way to easily access all my stuff but have lots of storage. I also want to be able to keep my stuff in case I leave the school I'm at. Which means I don't necessarily want to store it only on their Google drive. I would like to have a copy for myself. But so much stuff is done on Google drive now and I have so much information that has been shared by other teachers........oh you can see the problem. A hard drive would be nice and I actually have a 1 TB one. But carrying it back and forth to school is really a pain in the butt. Also, I find that I save things when I'm in a hurry with the intent of going back later to organize it and I don't. Then things get super crazy and I have too much stuff and can't find anything I want. This is why printed stuff works better for me at this point. At least until I get this all sorted out. I had hoped to use my website for this, but that is not working out exactly as I had envisioned either. UGH!!!!  What to do, what to do........

I have joined a teacher planner club because honestly, planners are my life but I can't find one to work well with school. I have come up with a system that I think will finally work. Usually, there is just not enough room for me to get the information I want at my fingertips on the planner. I don't want to have a page for every class - that will become a mess quickly - but I need some details. I'm old, I forget things. So I need some details. I'm thinking about putting these plans on Google Drive with links to all the things in them. Then I could print them out for quick reference but have them on Google Drive with all things attached to them. This might help my digital problem too. Or is there another way to do this? Could I do this in Word and save to Dropbox?  Would that work?  Hmmmm....this might be the way to go. Then I could just use Dropbox, but I'm running out of space there and need to decide if I'm going to continue to use it or not. My school Google drive is limitless. If I did it there and shared it with myself that might work. UGH......too many options and not one simple answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....