No Focus at all...

I think I have figured out my organizational issues, though they really still are a work in progress. I have the wikispaces set up for all my classes, so that's good. I actually gave up Planbookplus and switched to Chalk.com for my online planning. I gave up on OneNote, for now. I may do that at a later date, but right now I have enough to keep up. I love the Wikispaces and am working hard to keep that up to date - that is just a habit I need to cultivate. I also love Chalk.com. What I do with that is spend a little time on Sundays laying out my general plans for the week. I will put it in Chalk and then attach any files I plan on using. I also make notes in my written planner on what I plan on doing and then I check it off as I go through the day. Then on Thursdays or Fridays, I sit down and update Chalk with what I actually did. I figure this will give me an accurate accounting of what actually happens so I will have it for next year. I love this and it's working out well so far. I just have to be very, very disciplined and keep it up. I have a tendency to get tired and not follow through and I just can't let that happen this year. Where I am running into a problem is with AP Biology. I feel like I'm not focused. I feel like I'm all over the board with the evolution unit because I haven't taken the time to really map it out to my satisfaction. According to the curriculum map I made over the summer, we should be almost done with the evolution unit and we are not even close. I think what I need to do, is sketch out plans for the unit. Okay, this is stuff I never used to do but now it is all starting to make sense. I need the curriculum map to plan out the year; then the unit plans out that chunk of the curriculum map; then the lesson plan is the details. It is all coming clear now. Okay, I know what I need to do. I need to sketch out the unit plan so that I have a little more refined map of what I'm doing. I really need to do that for all my classes. Okay, off to look at the rest of the unit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....