Observation time

Once every semester we get observed by the administration. I know some teachers get observed more and some less. In my old school, we only got observed for the first 2 years. After that, it was once every 3 years I think. But, whatever. I really don't mind having people observe me. I am a pretty good teacher who makes class interesting. I was going to say fun but that is not always true, but I do strive for interesting. This year I was getting observed by the principal and she would be in for my worst class. I have previously only been observed by the vice principal and he is easy. I debated asking to switch classes for the observation since it really is my worst class, but I decided to just let it go and let her see me really in action. Overall it went really well. They were chatty and didn't follow directions and got off task as soon as there was a lull in the action, but I handled it well and the principal was impressed. Someone had pulled a fire alarm during the transition between periods so class didn't get started until 20 minutes late. Then she got hung up downstairs and didn't get there until 30 minutes later. So she only got to see about 30 - 40 minutes of my class, but I was okay with that. It was the transition time between two activities and it was general chaos, but I handled it and took control back and all was good. I got all 4's and 3's which are the highest marks and I'm not perfect, the class did not run perfectly, so I'm happy with it. The good thing is that she thought the class was funny and that I had my hands full and that I handled it well. She thinks I'm doing a good job and that is the most important thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....