A different approach maybe?

After my revelations yesterday, and yes, I believe I have come up with a good system, I sat down to plan. And after a few hours realized I had gotten very little accomplished. So I stopped and I've tried to figure out why. Part of the problem lies in too many choices. I have to pick a resource and just stick with it, I can't keep jumping back and forth. Another part of the problem is that I'm trying to be too detailed. I am not good at pacing. I'm not. Things that I think will take a few minutes end up taking an hour and vice versa. So I'm kind of hesitant to plan too far out as I don't think I will stick to that schedule. So I have a general outline and I think I'm going to have to plan week by week. I just don't see any way around it. I've got the first week back planned, no problem, but when trying to plan the second week I'm wondering if I'll get through everything and maybe want to throw a lab in, etc. So I think that as long as I have an outline, week by week planning is the way to go. I think that will work best. That is generally the way I operate anyway when I'm winging it, so I'm going to try that. I will have the first week laid out and then take it from there. As long as I don't have to plan every single day, I think I should be okay.

The next thing I want to focus on is a schedule for the classes. Something along these lines:


  • 1st day lecture/book work
  • 2nd day work problems
  • 3rd day activity/lab
Wow, that's actually a pretty good schedule for right off the cuff. I can rotate through a 3-day cycle. They will get used to it and I will know what to plan/prep for. I don't want labs falling on the same days though. So maybe I'll do that for chemistry.  AP Chemistry will look something like: 
  • 1st day work problems
  • 2nd day activity/lab
  • 3rd day lecture
I could totally make that work. Then AP Bio would be: 
  • 1st day activity/lab
  • 2nd day lecture
  • 3rd day work problems
With a little imagination, I could make this work. Okay, I like. I will play with that for a bit and see what happens. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....