It is over


This was said at graduation last night and I think it is rather fitting. Of course, I am smiling because it is over and I am done.

So it's been 36 hours for the book.  Yesterday was the last day of classes and last night was graduation. I only had 2 classes because my 1st period was all seniors and their last day was last week. Then I had to leave school at 2pm to go help with graduation, so someone came in and took over my class for last hour. I went home and relaxed for a little bit, then got ready and headed over to the venue. We got everything set up and waited for the grads. Once they arrived, we had a couple of quick run-throughs then they were sent to the back to get ready for their big entrance. Once I got the grads lined up and sent out, I was done and got to go sit and watch the ceremony - which took a little over an hour. Then we had to clean up, which took about 45 minutes. We got done at 8:45pm. By the time I got home, it was after 9 pm and I was hungry and exhausted. It was near 10 when I finally got to bed and I was up at 4:30am because I had to be at the awards ceremony by 7:15am. Needless to say, I have been tired all day. After the awards ceremony, we went back to school, had lunch, and finished checking out. By 1:30 pm I was all done for the year. Do you know how good that feels? Done. For. The. Year.

Of course, I'm so tired I came home and took a nap. I'm still exhausted and will be in bed early tonight. But I'm done and that's all that matters.

Now the fun begins. The revamping of everything I teach. This will be a massive project, but I can work on it as much or as little as I want and whenever I want. I plan on getting this all done before July so that I have a couple of weeks to lay around and do nothing. I'm not sure if I'm going to start tomorrow or take the weekend off and start on Monday. It doesn't matter, but I can't put it off too long or I won't do it.

Okay, that's enough. I need to rest and maybe get some dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....