Time for calmer heads

 So now that I've had the weekend to cool down over that class, I don't feel quite as strongly as I did on Friday about them. I am going to make some changes but I don't think I'll be quite as brutal as I was planning on. 

I am changing the seating chart some. I don't like where some of them are sitting and I need to move things around. 

I will be collecting every single thing that they do and I'm going to give a 0/1/2 grade on it immediately. So if they finish it 2 points, if they don't finish it 1 points, and if they don't do it 0 points. Every single paper they get. 

I also need to explain to them that while they did get a lot of papers for the last activity, they will see this information again and keeping them is in their best interest. 

I am also going to institute and absolute zero tolerance for phones. I'm over the phones. 

And finally, the clipboard idea is awesome, I like it a lot. Going to walk around with a clipboard with their names at their tables and make notes during the course of class about how they are working, if they are working, etc. 

I'm also going to walk the class almost constantly. For a little over 90 minutes I'll be pacing the classroom regardless of what is going on. 

I feel calmer than I did on Friday. Friday I was out for blood, but now I just need to institute some measures with this class that I don't use with the others. They are a large group of wild animals and I just need to train them in the ways of the classroom. 

So it's Monday morning and time to for school again. I am ready, though a longer weekend would be nice. Also, we have a meeting this Friday, so that makes for an even longer week. Though I honestly don't mind meetings too much. If I don't have to teach, I can just sit and enjoy the meeting. 

Well, that's about it. Time to head out to the showers and get my day started. I still have 2 minutes on the timer though and since I usually run over, I hate to waste 2 minutes. But I have nothing to say, so I'll sign off now. Here's to a good week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....