Time for another decision

 Okay, I've settled on the iHub curriculum for both chemistry and biology, I'm good with that. But now I need to figure out how to lay out my lessons. No, how to document them so I know what I'm doing each day. I have the lessons, that's not a problem. I need some way to keep them so that I know what I'm doing. I do not like sitting down at the computer to figure out what I'm doing. I like to have everything on paper, in front of me so that I can just look and see what is happening. Now that hasn't worked really well in the past because things change as I go along. Also, I want to start doing some of the Building Thinking Classroom stuff and I need to figure that into my lessons. So how do I do that and keep track of everything? 

Presentations - yes, that's what I'm doing on the first day but I don't want to do that every day. 

Set things up the day before - that's an option now that I actually have 2 prep periods. I mean seriously, I need 2 lessons a week - how hard can that be? So I have my lessons for Monday/Tuesday then use my prep on Tuesday to set up for Wednesday/Thursday and the Thursday prep can be used to set up for Monday/Tuesday. Hmmmm, that might work. By my prep on Tuesday/Thursday I will know how the lesson went, how far we got, and what needs to be done the next class. That would also leave Monday/Wednesday prep for grading and whatever. I think I like that and I'm going to give it a shot. It will require discipline on my part to make sure I get things done, but if I develop the routine I'll stick to it. 

Plan on the weekends - this is usually really good for me. I can easily plan for the week ahead, I struggle with planning further ahead than that. 

I need to figure this out and have a plan or else I'm going to fall right on my face with this. Okay, time to think


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....