Almost there......

I believe we have 3 weeks of classes left and then a week of finals and boom. Done!!! And the week of finals is only 3 days. The last day is the award ceremony. Which is a half day event in the morning and then teacher check out is in the afternoon.

My AP test is in 2 weeks and the AP bio test is in 3 weeks. Those kids are not ready and are not going to do well, but that has been the way the whole year so it's not surprising.

I'm helping with graduation this year. We went and looked at the venue on Thursday to kind of get a layout and plan the flow of things. I'm the type of person who likes to get the big picture first and then add in the details. One of the others involved is the exact opposite and it's kind of driving me crazy. We are looking at the stage and planning how we want the graduates to move across it and she is all, 'well we can put an x in tape so they know where to stand.' I'm like, can we figure out how they move before we start laying out the pathway???  It's just not how I work so I kind of have to ignore some stuff and then come back to it later. It'll be interesting.

In my chemistry class, I'm doing a final unit on forensics. It's kind of more a biology-related topic, but I make it work. It's fun for the kids to see how things all work together. I am constantly explaining to them how science doesn't happen in a vacuum all by itself. Chemistry happens in biology because of physics so isolating a science is rather silly. Forensics shows them how science really works. And it's fun for them and me.

My summer to-do list is getting longer and longer. I'm going to have to really be on top of things and not get lazy to get it all done. But I also think it will help pass the time in summer. I can get lazy and not do things for long stretches of time, so having a huge to-do list might keep me motivated. Notice I say might :)  I'm going to try and set a schedule for work. Every day from 2-4 or something like that. Or just every afternoon for 2 hours or 3 hours or something. But I need to make it part of my list of chores.

That's about it for now. Working on winding down towards the end. Oh, Arizona teachers have decided to strike on Thursday. This will get really interesting. Strike days have to be made up so this could get weird. I won't be striking but I will be watching what's going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....