Another week down

We all got through testing week just fine. It was really kind of horrible. Why would you test kids all morning then expect them to sit through classes in the afternoon? Luckily most teachers didn't do anything too serious, I know I didn't. In AP Biology I did a lab so they could see electrophresis. In AP Chemistry we just went over some problems. In chemistry we did some group work the first day  on deflategate and the gas laws. Then the second day we watched a video that they will be making a presentation on. Which sets up next week to be really easy for me :)

In other news, we have a serious weed problem going on at the school. Apparently kids are using vape in the bathroom and getting high during school. My classroom is located right next to the bathrooms so I have the job of trying to watch it more. I told my classes that there would be no more bathroom priviliges unless they were peeing their pants. Even then I would probably prop the door open and watch them. Luckily this really pissed off some kids and they started talking to admin. Hopefully this will all be settled quickly and we can get the bad seeds out. Some involved are seniors and they are risking their chances of graduation because of this.

Other than that, things are good. 5 weeks of teaching then finals week, graduation, and awards. It will go quickly. I would like to spend a little time this weekend figuring out just what I want to cover the rest of the year. I'm thinking not much. I would like to spend a little time showing chemistry in the real world, but I want them to actually do things. Like the deflategate activity. They actually took the data and worked out whether the footballs had been deflated or not. So if I could find more activities like that, I would spend the rest of the year doing things like that. Hmmmm, maybe time for computer search.

Well, it is early Friday morning and I need to get things moving. We have things to do today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....