Doing it myself

I started this blog at the beginning of this school year because I wanted to get my passion for teaching back. I wanted to do things that made me happy in the classroom and I wanted to help students gain a love of science like I have. Then things kind of imploded. I let a lot of outside things influence my year and I had a class from hell. Now, as we near the end of the year, I'm really primed to make some changes over the summer and to hit the ground running next year.

One thing that really helps me a lot, is to hear what other teachers have done, so I love reading teacher blogs. Love. It. Well, I've found that there are very few high school blogs, most of them are elementary school, and even fewer science teachers. Many teacher blogs haven't been updated in a while, sometimes years, and I get that. Teachers are busy and blogging can be a chore if you are a perfectionist that needs to make each post an epic story. I can imagine that writing one of those takes an inordinate amount of planning and typing. Time that teachers just don't have. I get it, I really do. But these people are making more work for themselves. I would love to sit in their classroom for a day or so, but that's another story.

So I've decided that I am going to do it myself. I am going to make the kind of blog I want to read. I am going to talk about all things in my classroom; management, organization, lesson planning, etc. I am going to write about not only the struggles and the celebrations but the things I want to read about. I'm going to detail things so that others can recreate them if they wish, I may even start my own TPT store since I'm going to make all my own stuff over the summer. That means a lot of work on my part, but I think it will also inspire my creative side and help me get things the way I want in my classroom.

Since becoming a teacher, I always look to the Internet if I want to do something. But sometimes you just have to do it yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....