School's out

Yesterday was the official last day of school. Wednesday night we had our graduation and yesterday was our awards ceremony and check out. We are done. The truth is though unless you are changing schools, teachers are not really done for summer. See my previous post with my summer goals. Still working all summer long, I just have the luxury of doing things when and how I want. I will need to go into my classroom too since it's not really as clean as I'd like it. Plus I want to move things around so they can wax the entire floor of my room. But again, I can do these things on my schedule and not someone else's and that makes all the difference. So I'm taking a few days to just relax and do things that are either fun or not terribly stressing. I want to work on my planner for next year - that's fun - and really work on organizing my electronic stuff - that's not too stressful. I may even consider working on my plans for next year. I have last year's it's just a matter of tweaking them a little. See how I feel. But I can only relax for a few days. Then I have to dig in and really get things done because...........

plans may be changing. A while back, in February I think, I applied for a scholarship to take some classes over the summer. These classes would accomplish a couple of things. First, they are how to teach by modeling in chemistry - something I think I would love to do - and second, they would allow me to teach dual enrollment chemistry - which the school wants. So they are a good thing. Also, they are both being offered this summer so I wouldn't have to go to class at night. That is a very good thing. Well, I got an email yesterday that leads me to believe that I will be getting this scholarship. So that changes my summer from 10 weeks of doing whatever I want to 6 weeks of classes. I'm excited and depressed about that. I had big plans this summer and now I will have to shift them around. It's still good that I will be able to get them done over the summer, but losing 6 weeks to classes is kind of depressing. But, I'm going to look on the bright side, I don't have to teach and therefore it will be good.

So there we are. Regardless of what happens with the classes, I'm still taking a couple of days to decompress and shift into summer mode. And that's definitely a good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....