A slippery slope

 I always think there is something better and I try to find it. Sounds strange, but let me explain. 

We are nearing the end of the semester. We have 2 weeks left. The last week is given over to finals, so next week will be review. So basically, in my mind at least, I am done. I am already looking towards next semester and how I can make things better. I have ordered the notebooks that I want and they arrive today. I've been working on my planner/tracking journal to come up with a plan that works for next semester. In my mind I've moved on. I can't let that happen. I have lots to do to wrap up this semester. I need to write the final exams for both classes. I need to make study guides for those exams. I need to make review games. I have a lot to do and only 3 days to do it. I also have to get caught up on the grading so that is not hanging over my head. So I can't focus on next semester yet. I need to stay focused and finish this semester strong. 

On another note, my little planner/tracker from 2 posts ago seems to be working out well. I jot down my plans in a section, but even better is that I can make notes on what happened in class. For example, a student in one class asked to go to the bathroom. I generally don't allow bathroom trips (I say that but I feel sorry for them and usually give in, need to get better at this next semester). My room is right next to the bathrooms so if they really have to go I will tell them they have 90 seconds. Most of the kids are really good about that and go and come back quick. So I wrote that down in my little book. Now I have it documented for the future if I need it. Also, some little transgressions were noted and I was able to not only dock citizenship points but to make notes as to why with clear details. So overall I like this whole idea. Now, I am doing it in a small book but I have a large book that I started the year with. I like my large book. I like it a lot. So I got to thinking, why couldn't I do this in my large book? So last night I set it up in a way that I think will work. I have a little more room in there and I like the book better. So I'm going to try that for the next 2 weeks and see how that goes. If it works out, I have a new large book that I bought that I will use for next semester. 

Okay, that's kind of it. It is Friday and I'm taking things slow this morning. I like Fridays 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....