Grades closed at 5pm yesterday

 and I got a couple of emails last night inquiring how to bring up grades. 🤦‍♀️I honestly don't remember high school, but I can guess that I didn't care about my grades in high school. Considering I hardly went to class and got asked to leave, I'm pretty sure grades weren't on my radar.  And granted, when I went to college I was considerably older. I guess living on the edge is something high schoolers are trying at this point. Now, from my vast age and experience, I know that living on the edge is a dangerous place to be. But I guess when you are 16-17 it seems okay. All I know is that I am done. 

Now I get to switch my focus to next semester. I have a lot of plans for next semester and I just need to set them up so I'm ready to go. The first decision is do I update the syllabus or not? I think that we need a little refresher course in the syllabus and also what is and is not acceptable in class. So I'm thinking that may go in the beginning of the notebook for this semester. Just to remind them. Need to consider that a little more and decide what exactly I want put there. 

Next is to get at least the first unit all laid out. I'm switching things up a whole lot in that there will not be as many worksheets and most work will be done in the notebook. I had a fabulous idea while meditating - I know - of doing a notebook rubric on a post it note that way I can just check things off the rubric and they will get the post it for feedback. I'll make each rubric specific to what is being graded so it will be very targeted. 

Starting next post, I'm going to lay out what I'm doing and my thoughts behind it. This will give me not only time to really process what I'm thinking and where I want to go with something, but usually 'talking' it out helps me see flaws in the situation. Also, it will provide me with documentation of what I plan and how I plan to achieve it. 

Okay, for now I have to go grade some Johns Hopkins and then I can start work on my plans. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....