And it's Thursday

 already. I've gotten essentially nothing done, bummer. There is a lot I need to get done, I've just been busy. I will admit to being lazy for 2 days. Actually 3 days. On Saturday I was kind of lazy and didn't do much. On Sunday we had some friends over and so sat around all afternoon chatting. Then yesterday. The husband was gone playing golf. I had a bunch of appointments in the morning and by 1 pm found myself laying on the couch watching Netflix. I did that for about 3 hours. It was glorious. This week it has just been go, go, go. Today we have to run to the business Costco to stock up the cart for Science Bowl. Tomorrow is our usual Friday, Costco, lunch, gym, etc. Saturday we are going to the Aloha Festival. Sunday will finally be nothing. I'm relaxing all day which means that I have to work my butt off for the next 3 days. 

I have a school to do list that, while not that long, is rather time consuming. I have to finish Unit 5 for biology; anchor phenomenon, driving question, big ideas, etc. These are not that complicated they just take some time and thought. I also have to grade the test they took the last day before break. Haven't gotten around to that yet. I did grade their summative tasks. So I need to be busy in here today. I'm going to get a start on it as soon as my tree grows here. 

The good news is that next year I will be teaching AP chemistry again. That will be fun. I should have only AP and regular chem and that will be really nice. Knowing that though, there are some things I want to make sure I get to so that they are ready for AP. Of course, I taught it the first year with them never having taken regular chemistry so I should be able to pull this off. 

It's been a nice break and I've really enjoyed it. But it looks like I have to start getting serious again and it starts today. Unless I want to spend all weekend scrambling - I don't. Or winging it when we get back - I don't. So looks like the work begins today. I just need to be in the mind set and everything will fall into place, it always does. 

There goes the tree, time to dig in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....