And we are back

 Today we return to school after spring break. I am looking forward to it only because that means we are only 8-9 weeks away from summer. Woot Woot!!!!  Also, we go back to our old bell schedule. That is awesome. Over the summer, the state decided to interpret some law slightly differently, or it was worded ambiguously or something. Anyway, as a result we were 30 minutes short in our instructional day. That means they changed the bell schedule and we were in school until 3:30pm. It was only about 10 minutes per class but that 3:30 release time made for a very long day. The law got changed or reinterpreted or whatever and starting today we are back to 3:00pm release time. It doesn't sound like a lot, I mean it's only 30 minutes, but man that 30 minutes at the end of the day would drag out. I can't count how many times I've just given up by 3:15 and no learning was done after that. Also, having clubs meant we were there until 4:30pm. I wouldn't get home sometimes until 5 or 5:30. Ugh. So very, very glad that is over. 

But this also means we only have 8-9 weeks left in this semester. There is a lot of ground to cover in just a short amount of time. Time to kick it into high gear. I have a ton of stuff to dissect in biology and I want to make sure that I get to it, I don't want them hanging around. 

Other than that it's just getting moving early again. Thankfully I haven't been sleeping super late and I generally get up and start moving and working but ugh, now I have to get dressed and drive to school. I'd really rather do it from home. But at the same time I don't want a work from home job. Or do I? Hmmmm....something to consider. I don't want to teach from home, but something else maybe? But until my student loans are  forgiven, I'm not going anywhere. 

Well this got kind of sidetracked. That's what happens when you write stream of conscious instead of having something planned. And I'm really done so where is my tree????  

If I'm going to do this I want to get going. Okay, there's the tree, I'm out. Check in later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....