New approach to mental health

 In the past, I've been the kind of teacher that thought about school constantly. I would work endlessly on the weekends to get things ready for the week. That didn't really work though as I struggled through most weeks and didn't have a good system for keeping things organized. Also, I think that constant working was no good for my brain because I really couldn't remember anything that went into it. 

One of my huge take-aways from last year was the need to disconnect completely from school. Working from home, I learned that I needed to step away from the school work and not spend mental time on it 24/7. That's a good thing to learn. But I think I've taken it a little too far recently. The last few weekends I've brought some work home and then completely ignored it all weekend. I'm lucky enough to have 3 day weekends every week (this was a 4-day weekend because of Veteran's Day) so there really is no reason that I can't do work one day. I'm glad I'm able to walk away and not think about it, but I need to focus sometimes on it. 

Today I need to grade some tests and quizzes and some scientific readings. That's a lot of work but if I knuckle down and get to it I'll get it done in no time. So that is the goal today. I just put everything in my planner so that I get it done. Today will be productive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....