Thoughts on tracking things

 After I wrote yesterday's post, I did a little pen and paper brainstorming in my planner and think I've come up with an idea. I use a smaller, A5 I think, bullet journal for school and I've been struggling with exactly how to use it so that it completely works for me. I came up with the idea of dividing a two page spread into 4 boxes - much like I have the students do for their big ideas page - and having one box for each period. That will be one page per day. I set up Monday and I think this will work. The real key is to make sure I fill it out every single day, every single period. 



I used my handy dandy little printer to print out the stuff on the pages. I really like it and think it will work well, as I said though, the key is me writing in it every single day/class. I need to work that into my routine. Since I have a prep first period I just have a to-do list there. That way I will know what I need to get done. Then for every period I have a place where I can write out my plans briefly, this is just a bullet list of the things I want to cover that period. Then I have a nice space for notes. Here I can track behavior, things for next class, conversations I have with students, whatever. I like it and I think it will work out well. I have to say I love that little printer. I know I haven't used it a whole lot, but it is awesome. 

Okay, I'm done. Today is Thanksgiving and there will be no work at all. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....