New Attitude

 So I've always loved the beginning of a new week, the beginning of a new month, the beginning of a new year. I just love new beginnings. I try not to wait for them anymore but they do spark something in me that I like.  So it is November 1st. Last week was a train wreck of a week. I'm going to use this new month to change my attitude and make a new start. I'm not really changing anything in the classroom, at least that the students will see. The change will be in me. In my head. In my attitude. And in the way I approach things. It is time for a change. 

This year has been such a hot mess so far, it's hard not to just throw my hands up and say screw it all. Go back to the old way of teaching where I just pour information into them and they regurgitate it. But I'm not going to to do that. It will make me miserable and it will not serve the students and ultimately that's what we are here to do. 

So instead I'm going to change my attitude. Get back to my bouncy, happy self and do the best I can for my students. I will not let them get to me. I will not. 

Now I did not get as much done this weekend as I hoped to, so that means I will be working to get things set up this morning during my prep. I hate to be rushing around during my prep but I can't help it today, I've got to be ready for class. 

Okay, going in with a good attitude, a happy disposition, and some joy in my heart. Today will be a good day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....