Calmer heads

 So I sat down yesterday morning and talked with my principal about that class. She knows about it, we've had discussions before about it, so it's not new to her either. But I admitted defeat. I just didn't  know what to do anymore or where to go from here. So we had a good talk and she gave me some really good ideas about how to handle this. So I have some ideas and will start working on them on Monday. One of my initial thoughts was that why fight it now? We have 3 weeks left in the semester, that's 6 classes I have to see them, I can just power through. But I decided not to. I can't spend 6 days of the next 3 weeks frustrated and miserable. So Monday things change. I may not do a whole lot with this class on Monday as we work it out. Which means I need something for the other classes to do. I had the brilliant idea of doing an escape room with them. We have covered some topics earlier in the year that they could stand a review on, so why not have some fun with it? Also, this will give me some time to get everything ready for the 4A reset and the end of the semester. So I'm feeling better about the whole situation. It's going to require more work of me, but I think I can get a jump on it over the coming breaks and have it ready to go. I will look at it just like I'm teaching a separate class. So I have chemistry, biology, and 4A. That will just be the way it has to be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....