Lessons learned

 After the fiasco last week, I was determined to not let them get to me anymore and I didn't. The rest of the week went very well and I was happy regardless of them. However, there was an incident. 

On Wednesday I gave a test in chemistry and a quiz in biology. I have one student who does nothing. Nothing at all in class. So I gave them all the quiz and then at the end of class they were packing up, I saw him packing up but I didn't remember him turning the test in. So I do what I usually do. I count the students in the room and I count the number of tests returned. As I suspected, I was one short. So I made an announcement that no one leaves until I find the missing quiz. I did have one more class the next day and I didn't want the quiz to get out so it was a legitimate concern. No one came forward with the missing quiz, so I had all the students move to one side of the room and as I called their name out they moved to the other side of the room. Everyone moved over including the kid who didn't turn in his quiz. So I said, okay no, we will do this a different way. Since the bell had already rung, I said as I called their name they could leave, but I stood right by the door so no one could sneak out. After I called all the names on the quizzes I had, guess who was the only student left in the room? That kid. I told him that he couldn't leave until I had the quiz and  he opened his binder and pulled it out. Are you joking me? Does he think he is smart enough to fool me? OMG!!!  So I took it to the VP and it looks like we are going to set up a parent meeting with him and the teachers he is failing (most of them). 

So that was how I ended my day on Wednesday. Luckily I didn't let it get to me, but you can bet from now on I will be checking names if I have a quiz or a test. This is BS. 

This weekend I did nothing. I had some personal things come up that kept me busy and I got none of the grading done. Oh well, there is always during my prep. 

This is going to be a good week and I'm looking forward to it. I have to meet with the CEO on Tuesday morning and talk about the science department. That should be fun. 

Off to have a great day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

1st day done

And we're back.....